Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pumpkin Picking

Picking out pumpkins is serious business.  Last year, I wasn't able to participate - I was a bit too little.  This year I had full particiption.  Notice the true strain in my face.  This pumpkin and I fought for a significant amount of time.  I ended up losing.
 I, also took this job quite seriously.  These pumpkins were MUCH too small for my liking.
So, Daddy and I decided on this one. 
We carried it together.  I knew if muscle man Luke struggled, I was going to run into the same problem.  Daddy had to help me out just a little.  I handled most of it myself. 
Later, I found one that was just my size and I was very proud of my find! 
With our awesome pumpkin and gourds in our wagon, we headed over to the REALLY BIG pumpkins!

Mommy, attempted her traditional pumpkin photo.  To our knowledge, this has never turned out.  Considering this is the best one - where it looks like Drew happily is whacking me in the face with a stick while I cry - is a good sign this year wasn't successful either!

 I was a little more agreeable on my own.

We did a great job of a boys photo shoot though!  Check out those handsome faces! 
 It wouldn't be a pumpkin hunt without playing the pumpkin bongos!
We had a great time and picked an awesome pumpkin!

No comments: